Interior Design Guide
Flooring is an essential and probably the most crucial part of the interior designing of a house. The choice of the flooring can either make your space or break it. Although when we first enter a space the first interaction that we encounter is mainly visual, it is the floor with which a person makes the first physical contact.
It is the flooring which determines the overall get-up of your room. The floor serves as the foundation to the design of the entire room and, therefore, should be done with utmost care and precision. The modern and trendy designs that come up now for the engineered wood flooring is the best options with which you can renovate your home. This type of wood flooring is durable, and it also gives you the best value for money.
Engineered Wooden Floor for An Aesthetically Pleasing Look
As we all know, wood imparts a sense of royalty and regalia to the overall appearance of the house. Down the ages with the wide range of versatility and increasing demand of the people for newer fashion, engineered wood flooring has taken the market by a storm. Engineered wood flooring is the kind of flooring which incorporates the aesthetics of the solid hardwood as well as a dash of innovation of the design.
Difference Between Engineered Wood and Solid Hardwood?
The basic difference between engineered wood and solid hardwood lies in the fact that while solid hardwood is made up of one single plank of robust wood. On the other hand, engineered wood, which too is made up of wood that is genuine, has a core which is made up of either plywood or hardwood. This accounts for the superior stability of engineered wood. Despite the fact that they have a much more complex mechanism, they are easy to maintain and do not require recurring maintenance costs.
The engineered construction of the wood helps in the formation of a core that is highly stable. This kind of wood isn’t subject to much alteration. It is, therefore, an ideal choice for moist places like basements or places which are exposed to heat. Engineered wood varieties are used for making ship decks or for making the floor parts for bar counters and auditoriums.
Why Should One opt for Engineered Wood Flooring?
There are a number of advantages of engineered wood flooring which make it quite popular among the people. Some of them are stated below as follows:
- They are economic and less costly as compared to flooring made of solid hardwood.
- Once installed, it cannot be differentiated from flooring made of solid wood.
- The layer on top is made of wood and not lamina.
- Unlike flooring made up of solid wood, this kind of engineered wood flooring is resistant to any kind of fluctuation in the temperature.
- They are available in a large variety of species of wood, colour, styles, width of planks and so on.
- They are much more robust and durable.
- Engineered wood flooring is extremely easy to maintain. It is ideally suited for offices and homes.
- The core layer which is present in this kind of flooring is usually made up of spruce wood or pine wood. This enables the engineered wood flooring to either contract or expand according to the alterations in temperature. This technique doesn’t work well with flooring made up of solid hardwood.
Hope this gives you a clear idea about the wide range of benefits of using engineered wood flooring and provides you ample reasons as to why one should settle for such kind of flooring.